NELA National Conference : Friday 4 August 2017 : Brisbane
Addressing Past Harm, Managing Future Risks
This year’s conference brings together a range of experts to discuss the state of Australia’s environment, how various States are addressing past impacts, and innovative mechanisms being explored to avoid future harm. Examining mining rehabilitation, groundwater management, climate risk disclosure, sustainable business practices and much more, this is an event not to be missed.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Bill Jackson, lead author of Australia’s State of the Environment Report 2016 – State of the Environment Report: How Are We Travelling?
- Hon Fleur Kingham, president of the Land Court of Queensland – Role of the Land Court of Queensland
- Saul Holt QC – Economic and Environmental evidence in climate litigation
- Greg McIntyre SC – 25 Years Since Mabo
- Sarah Barker, Special Counsel, Minter Ellison - Climate Change: Why are the Corporate Lawyers Getting Involved?
- Prof Benjamin Richardson, UTAS Law School – Greening Business Law: Constraints and Opportunities
- Dr Phillipa England, Griffith University - Planning, Preparing and Recovering From Floods in Queensland: Have We Improved Our Game?
- Matthew Austin, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons – Mining Rehabilitation Policy: Practitioner Perspectives
- Julia O’Connor – Rehabilitation of Mining Projects: A practical application of the financial assurance regime in Queensland
- Revel Pointon, EDO Qld – Reef 2050: Is it Working?
- Nick Testro, Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons – Native Title Negotiations in Carbon Farming Projects
- Michael Berkman, EDO Qld – Understanding and Managing Mining Impacts on Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems
- Geoff Robson, Dept Environment & Heritage Protection - Better Mine Rehabilitation for Queensland: An Integrated Mined Land Framework
- Mike Harold, Inside Infrastructure - Water in Mining: A view from the West
- Andrew Petersen, Sustainable Business Australia - Topic to be confirmed
- Valeriia Minigoulova & Jocelyn Bosse - Impacts of International Trade Agreements on Australia's Environmental Policies
Registration closes on 1 August - Places are strictly limited, so register now!
| Registration Fees (incl GST)
|| From 1 July
| NELA members
| Non - members
| EDO / NGO/ QELA
| Students (full time non-members)
| Half-day (Morning OR Afternoon)