NELA National Conference : Friday 4 August 2017 : Brisbane
Addressing Past Harm, Managing Future Risks
This year’s conference brings together a range of experts to discuss the state of Australia’s environment, how various States are addressing past impacts, and innovative mechanisms being explored to avoid future harm. Examining mining rehabilitation, groundwater management, climate risk disclosure, sustainable business practices and much more, this is an event not to be missed.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Bill Jackson, lead author of Australia’s State of the Environment Report 2016 – State of Australia’s Environment: How Are We Travelling?
- Hon Fleur Kingham, president of the Land Court of Queensland – Role of the Land Court
- Saul Holt QC – Environmental and economic evidence in climate litigation
- Greg McIntyre SC – 25 years since Mabo
- Sarah Barker, Special Counsel, Minter Ellison - Climate Change: Why are the Corporate Lawyers Getting Involved?
- Prof Ben Richardson, UTAS – Greening Business Laws: Constraints and Opportunities
- Dr Phillipa England, Griffith University - Planning, preparing and recovering from floods in Qld: Have We Improved Our Game?
- Matthew Austin, Partner, King & Wood Mallesons – Queensland’s Mining Rehabilitation Policy
- Julia O’Connor – Perspectives on the Chain of Responsibility Act
- Revel Pointon, EDO Qld – Reef 2050: Is it Working?
- Nick Testro, Senior Associate, King & Wood Mallesons – Native Title negotiations in carbon farming projects
- Michael Berkman, EDO Qld – Understanding and managing mining impacts on groundwater dependent ecosystems
The full programme will be available soon.
Early bird registrations available until 30 June 2017
Places are strictly limited, so register now!
| Registration (incl GST)
|| Early Bird
| NELA members
| Non - members
| EDO / NGO/ QELA
| Students (full time non-members)