- This event has passed.
Environmental Lawyering 101
December 1 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm AWSTFree – $15.00
NELA (WA) presents Environmental Lawyering 101 – a speed networking event for law students and early career lawyers (less than 5 years PAE).
An opening address will be given by His Honour Judge Henry Jackson SC, Judge of the District Court of Western Australia and Deputy President of the State Administrative Tribunal.
Join us for a fun and fast-paced evening where you can chat with practitioners about their career paths and practice areas in environmental law including environmental and planning approvals, environmental impact assessment, native title law and land access, contaminated sites, water resources law, offences and prosecutions, law reform and policy, regulation of greenhouse gas emissions, climate change mitigation, and public interest litigation.
At this event, small groups of attendees will move around the room to each practitioner. You will have a few minutes to meet each practitioner, learn about their career journey and ask career advice, before moving onto the next person.
The speed networking will be followed by refreshments, generously hosted by Allens.
There will be a range of practitioners from private practice, the bar, government, in-house and academia, including:
- Michael Bennett Assistant State Solicitor, State Solicitor’s Office
- Clare Lakewood Special Counsel – Safe Climate, Environmental Defenders Office
- Marina Georgiou Barrister, Francis Burt Chambers
- Eve Lynch Partner, Allens
- Fiona Sinclair Corporate Counsel – Environment, Rio Tinto
- Jess Hamdorf Senior Associate, Glen McLeod Legal
- Hugh Finn Lecturer, Curtin Law School
- Isabel Inkster Solicitor, State Solicitor’s Office
- Giorgia Fraser Solicitor, King & Wood Mallesons
- Free for NELA members
- $15 for non-members*
Places are limited so register early to avoid missing out!
* NELA’s annual student membership is only $15, so sign up now for free entry into our WA and national events and webinars over the next 12 months!