International law of climate change: profound challenges facing UNFCCC COP26
October 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm AEDT
You’re invited to register for a a free multidisciplinary online webinar discussion hosted by ILA(Australia) and Uni of Melbourne Climate Futures, chaired by the Hon Justice Nicola Pain.
Questions to be addressed by the expert panellists Professor Jacqueline Peel, Professor Robyn Eckersley and Associate Professor Malte Meinshausen include:
– how will the IPCC latest report inform the work of COP 26?
– what are the different negotiating positions of countries/blocs which inform the
agenda for COP 26?
– what negotiations are needed for COP 26 to deliver meaningful mitigation action to
address climate change in light of the overall negotiations of the COP to date (Paris
– how are adaptation measures being considered in COP 26?
– Australia’s negotiating position at COP 26 as a developed country, and how that is
perceived by other developed and developing countries?
– what are the domestic policy implications of COP26 outcomes?
Register here: www.eventbrite.com.au/e/international-law-of-climate-changeprofound-challenges-facing-cop26-tickets-177620647137