NELA(WA) 2021 State Conference: Western Australia’s evolving regulatory landscape
October 28 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AWST$80 – $460
The NELA(WA) State Conference is back! The conference will be held as a hybrid event available to attend in person at The Melbourne Hotel, Perth on Whadjuk Country or stream online. This year’s conference will explore the topic of Western Australia’s evolving regulatory landscape.
Speakers across law, government, academia and industry will present about developments in climate action, the emerging area of carbon markets and the exciting reforms that are underway in WA in relation to key state and federal environmental legislation and Aboriginal heritage legislation.
Download our program here. The program is currently being finalised and we will be announcing more speakers in the coming weeks.
- US Consulate-General speaker – to be announced!
- Professor Matthew Tonts (Chair, Environmental Protection Authority)
- Lee McIntosh (Deputy Chair, Environmental Protection Authority)
- Robyn Glindemann (Principal, Lantegy Legal)
- Sally Wilkinson (CEO, South West Catchments Council)
- Dr Lauren Butterly (Special Counsel, Environmental Defenders Office)
- Emma Garlett (Academic, Curtin Law School)
- Elisa de Wit (Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia)
The conference will be followed by a sundowner and networking drinks at The Melbourne Hotel’s rooftop bar, Aurora.